Dental Implants – The Best Tooth Replacement Option
Unable to enjoy the foods you love because of dentures? Not able to smile confidently because of crooked teeth?
Get your smile and self-esteem back, all while still being able to enjoy your favorite foods with the help of dental implants. For many years, removable and fixed partial dentures were the only options available to patients who had lost their natural teeth. Despite their common use, these tooth replacement options were far from ideal and required frequent repair or replacement. The recent introduction of dental implants has provided a permanent solution for replacing lost teeth due to cavities, infection, or old age.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a replacement root placed inside the jawbones. It provides a firm foundation for supporting one or more artificial teeth. Compared to other tooth replacement options, dental implants have excellent success. Their success comes from their ability to form direct contact with the jaw bone, making them firmly stable. That is why implants are the perfect option for attaching artificial teeth that function and feel just like your natural ones.
Replacing Teeth with Implants
Dental implants are highly useful in the treatment of the following dental problems:
- Replacing a Single Missing Tooth – Tooth implants are a perfect option for replacing single teeth. Single tooth replacement requires placing a porcelain crown over the implant. This will restore the esthetics and dental function.
- Replacing Multiple Missing Teeth – A single implant can be used for replacing up to 3 or 4 adjacent missing natural teeth. It’s done by attaching a removable or fixed denture over the implant.
- Full-mouth Rehabilitation – As many as 4 tooth implants are sufficient for replacing all the teeth in a jaw. Such types of implant-supported restorations are also known as all-on-four implants.
Dental Implants Can Improve Your Life
Tooth Implants can benefit you and your health in many ways.
- Improved Functionality – Both fixed or removable dentures can restore to provide sufficient biting efficiency. This helps you to eat without any difficulty. However, dentists do advise their patients not to eat hard or sticky foods directly with their dentures, so that they don’t get dislodged while eating. Tooth implants, on the other hand, embed into the bone just like your natural teeth. Therefore, with implant-supported prostheses, you’ll be able to eat all your favorite foods efficiently without any inconvenience.
- Improved Speech – Denture wearers often find it difficult to speak clearly and efficiently, since they continuously struggle with their tongue to keep them from slipping. This can cause embarrassment during important social or professional interactions. On the other hand, dental implant-supported artificial teeth are firmly anchored and there is no chance of slipping or dislodging. Thereby, they allow you to speak fluently and without difficulty.
- Health Benefits – According to the American Dental Association, our physical health and well-being are directly linked to our dental hygiene. If you have crooked, fractured, or missing teeth that significantly hamper your ability to chew and digest food properly, your health will suffer. When you replace your missing teeth with implants, you’ll chew and digest food with efficiency. Because of this, you’ll observe a positive improvement in your overall health and quality of life.
Additional Benefits of Dental Implants
Some additional benefits of dental implants over other tooth replacement options are:
- Long Life – Among all types of artificial teeth, dental implant-supported crowns, bridges, and dentures are the most durable. This is because we prepare tooth implants from high-quality and strong materials, thereby providing a strong base for attaching an artificial tooth over it.
- Excellent Esthetics – Dentures tend to get discolored with the passage of time and require frequent replacement. But, esthetically pleasing prostheses can be placed over the implants which retain their color and beauty for much longer durations
- Preservation of Residual Jaw Bone – When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone starts to resorb at an accelerated rate. Placing a bridge or a denture over the bone further complicates matters, since the biting forces act directly on these prostheses. This, in turn, further increases the speed of desorption. This is not the case with tooth implants. In fact, when they are inserted into the jaw bone, they promote new bone formation in their surroundings. As a result, the density of the jaw bone and facial esthetics are preserved. In addition, the chances of jaw fracture are also minimized.
- The Natural Feeling – Perhaps, the best benefit of getting tooth implants is the natural feeling you’ll enjoy after their placement. This is because the implants become a part of the bone, and do not look or feel like an “extra component” inside the oral cavity.
Are Dental Implants Costly?
Replacing your missing teeth with dental implants will be costlier than getting fixed or removable dentures. However, if you look at the lifelong benefits you will enjoy after getting implants, the high cost of treatment is a very small price to pay in comparison to their convenience, esthetics, and durability.
At Centrasota Dental in St. Cloud, MN we accept major insurance plans, credit cards, Debit Cards, Personal Checks, cash, and other financing options.
Are there any Risks Associated with Tooth Implants?
Dental implants are prepared from Titanium and its alloys, which are safe and biocompatible. This means that there is no risk of any allergy, infection, or adverse effect associated with dental implants. Sometimes, an inflammation of the bone surrounding the implant takes place. However, these cases are quite rare and are mostly associated with poor patient selection and treatment planning on the dentist’s part.
At Centrasota Dental, we have the best qualified and experienced prosthodontists and dental staff in St. Cloud, MN. At Centrasota you are well cared for, so rest assured of our dental services.
Centrasota Dental is the Best Place to Get Implants
If you live around the Saint Cloud, MN area, look no more. Here are just some of the reasons why you should get implants from Centrasota Dental:
- Affordable Dental Implants – We strive our best to provide affordable and cost-effective dental implant treatment to our patients, while still maintaining high standards of treatment. We accept major insurance plans, major credit cards, Debit Cards, Personal Checks, cash, and other financing options.
- Highly Qualified Team – Our dentist, Dr. Congdon, specializes in the esthetic and painless replacement of your missing teeth with dental implants. We have state-of-the-art dental technology and equipment which helps provide you with the most cost-effective dental care.
- Ease of Payment – At Centrasota Dental we provide convenient and hassle-free payment options to all of our patients. We accept major insurance plans, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Personal Checks, cash, and other financing options.
- Painless Dentistry – One of the reasons why many people avoid dental treatment, despite having a severe toothache or dental problems, is the fear of a painful procedure. At Centrasota Dental, we will make sure that you remain comfortable and pain-free during each step of your treatment. Hence, we can safely say that you’re in very good hands at Centrasota Dental.
Call 320-252-3330 with your questions and concerns and speak with a specialist about what’s best for you!
Disclaimer: These articles are not meant to be dental or medical advice. They are just a resource should you want to know more about our dental technologies, doctors, and services.