Dental Crowns – When You Might Need One
Are you looking for a permanent solution to your crooked and discolored teeth? Then dental crowns are your best option.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a cap-like structure that is placed over a visible portion of a tooth to correct function and esthetic deformities of the teeth. Crowns for teeth may be made as all metal, porcelain fused to metal, or all-ceramic (porcelain). Dental crowns are prepared from porcelain in the dental laboratory, which are then attached to prepared teeth with the help of dental cement.
Benefits of Dental Crowns – Who Do They Help?
If you are having any of the following aesthetic or functional dental problems, then we recommend dental crowns as the preferred treatment option:
- Permanently Discolored Teeth – While most teeth stains that form on the outer surface of the teeth are removable with the help of a professional whitening procedure, it is unable to remove internal stains or those which developed during tooth development. In such cases, the stains are aesthetically covered by placing porcelain crowns over the teeth, which have the same shade as the other teeth.
- Crooked and De-Shaped Teeth – one of the best ways to correct form and function of crooked teeth is to place a crown over them. Since the crowns have perfect shape and form, they restore the aesthetics of the teeth as well as their chewing efficiency.
- Heavily Filled or Fractured Teeth – we also recommend dental crowns for strengthening teeth that have fractured or those which have been heavily restored with filling materials. In both these cases, teeth become weak and need reinforcement from a high strength dental crown.
- After Root Canal Treatment – a root canal procedure involves the removal of infected pulp from the teeth to relieve an infection. Unfortunately, teeth tend to become brittle after root canal treatment. Therefore, our prosthodontist, Dr. Congdon recommends that a dental crown must be immediately placed over a tooth after a root canal procedure, to protect it from fracture.
- Complete Smile Makeover – misshaped and crooked teeth can affect your smile and confidence, crowns give you a complete smile makeover.
Besides, remember since we remove decay or damage before inserting the new crown, it improves your oral health as well.
Is the Dental Crown Procedure Painful?
No, a dental crown procedure is not painful. Preparation of crowns for teeth requires the removal of a very thin layer of the natural tooth structure. Therefore, in most cases, tooth preparation for crowns is performed without the need for dental anesthesia. Prior to tooth preparation, one of our doctors will make an x-ray of the tooth to evaluate whether or not you need anesthesia during the dental crown procedure. Therefore, you can rest assured that you won’t feel any pain while we prepare your crowns for your teeth.
Are Dental Crowns Safe?
Yes, of course dental crowns are safe! Crowns for teeth are prepared from porcelain, which is among the safest materials used for the fabrication of dental prostheses. Therefore, at Centrasota, we safely recommend dental crowns for all types of aesthetic and restorative dental treatment options. Ready to impress people with your new smile? If you’re a resident of Saint Cloud MN or surrounding areas, here is your chance to enjoy the smile that you had always wished for! Visit us today to get a brand-new smile with dental crowns. One of our dental doctors along with his dental team would love to see you at our office.
Why Centrasota Dental is the Best Place for Getting a Dental Crown
If you live around the St. Cloud area in Minnesota, we’re one of your best options. We believe all our patients to be a part of a big happy family. Therefore, we strive to provide the best quality aesthetic dental services by preparing an individualized treatment plan each patient. We will explain every treatment option to you in detail, and then in consultation with Dr. Congdon. We also strive to provide you a pain-free dental treatment in a safe and comfortable environment. So, if you’re looking for the best dental treatment experience of your life, then you should visit us at our St. Cloud center in MN.
At our Center in St Cloud, MN, we offer high quality porcelain crowns to our patients, which not only possess excellent aesthetics and the ability to match the exact shade of your natural teeth, but they can also strengthen the underlying teeth by reinforcing them.
In short, we not only insure great oral health, but a smile that’ll paint a ray of sunshine all over your face.
Call us at 320-252-3330 and speak with a specialist today!
Disclaimer: These articles are not meant to be dental or medical advice, but just a resource, should you want to know more about our dental technologies, doctors and services.